Content curation is best done in teams – and Cronycle now has a new way to empower teams to collaborate on content with feeds.
Leverage the collective intelligence
Talking with our customers, we found that collaboration, and in particular leveraging a team’s or organization’s collective intelligence, is great for several reasons (that can happen simultaneously):
- Inform decision making with more diverse points of views. We actually have a great case study on this.
- Inspire innovation: here again, diversity is key to reach innovative ideas and does not happen with new information.
- Develop knowledge and empower members to share expertise and information.
- Collect diverse and relevant content for content marketing purpose, in particular to improve SEO, engage with customers using newsletters or social media.
In all cases, having more eyes on the news is a good way to avoid blindspots.
Collaboration in Cronycle so far
Cronycle has always been about collaboration. So far, this mostly happened:
- on boards: to save, enrich and publish content. We did some updates recently on this.
- on tags: to use a common vocabulary to organize and find content
- on the source library – to share and organize content sources within the team.
What’s new in Cronycle with collaborative feeds
Now, we also empower teams to collaborate on content with feeds:
To make a feed collaborative, you simply invite others to join you to an existing feed, using the “Collaborators” button on the feed itself.
It prompts you to add collaborators who are currently in your organization, or to invite new members by email (if you have the rights).
Now that I added Vishal to my feed, he can view the content, and also modify the keyword filters, collaborators and sources. As the feed owner, I am the only one to have the possibility to make this feed public and to delete it. Everything else is shared.
We can also decide on a common default board to pin to, as a team. This way, every content we save will automatically go to that common board in one click (exceptions are allowed). To do that, simply set a default board to pin to, and all feed contributors will get the same default. They will also be added as contributors to the board if they are not yet.
As a result, you empower your team to collaborate on content with Cronycle feeds, as well as through the complete workflow of content discovery, curation, organization and publishing. The team members can collectively keep an eye on news, either sharing the load, or bringing their own judgement to the same content.