The Cronycle Content Plugin enables you to create news feeds on your website, using the content you curate on your Cronycle boards. It publishes to WordPress your curated content, includes articles, videos, Twitter conversations and Story Arcs (grouped content), with or without your commentary.
Plugin has two features:
- Board Content as Banner – Provide functionalities to generate a newsfeed banner on your website with certain Cronycle board content.
- Board Content as Draft post – Provide functionalities to fetch Cronycle board content and insert into the WordPress as draft post which can be edited and published to your website.
- Download, install, and activate Cronycle Content plugin from WordPress plugin store. You need a version of PHP of v7.2.8 or higher. If you have a free account on WordPress.com, you need to upgrade to business in order to install plugins, or transfer to WordPress.org. See how to do that here.
- Login to your Cronycle account. Create board and pin content to it.
- Then, click on Publish near the top of that board.
- Switch on Publish to WordPress.
- It will ask you to connect and generate a token. Copy the token.
- Now, in WordPress, go to Settings / Cronycle Content, paste the token in the input field and press Save Token to connect the account.
- Now you will be able to see your board content in WordPress (continue reading “How to Use?” below).
- Back in Cronycle, on the Board Publish panel, you can adjust the type(s) of content you want to go through to WordPress, per board.
- If you want to copy your token again, go to your profile page, in the Integrations section.
- To send the content from several boards, you will need to switch on WordPress for each board, in its publishing settings.
- When disconnecting, we recommend disconnecting from the WordPress Plugin Settings page.
How to use?
Board Content as a newsfeed banner
This enables you to include a newsfeed banner on your website, with content from one of your boards. To do so, you can generate a shortcode from the banner shortcode generation options under the Banner tab in the plugin settings. Make sure you have switched on Publish to WordPress for the corresponding board in Cronycle.
Copy the shortcode and paste it into your page content.
You can also use menu options in the Classic editor block to generate and embed shortcode on to your page content.
Here are few examples of generated banners on our website. The banner is responsive, adapting to small screen sizes.
Board Content as Draft post
This feature allows you to pick board items and add them as draft blog posts. In WordPress admin dashboard, you can find your Cronycle board(s) content as draft posts under the ‘Cronycle Content’ menu option. From there you can edit and/or publish any type of board content as a regular WordPress post. You can retrieve content from all the boards you have switched on in Cronycle, in the boards publishing settings.
From the draft post tab in the plugin settings page, you can assign default categories for the content from each board, and turn on & off the transfer of tags used on your boards.
Note that the content from your Cronycle boards is imported only once to the WordPress plugin. If you modify the content on your boards (e.g. add an article to a Story Arc, or edit a summary), the modifications will not appear in WordPress. This is why we recommend using “editor approved” to filter content ready to publish. It lets you collect and refine your content on your board in Cronycle before sending to the WordPress plugin (or other publishing methods). To use it, you need:
- A Pro or Enterprise account
- To tick the Editor Approved box when the content is ready
- To use editor approved as a filter in the publishing settings.
I get error messages on the WordPress login page
Although rare, it happens that there is an error following an update and interplay with other plugins. The solution is to:
- Deactivate the Cronycle Plugin
- Uninstall the Cronycle Plugin
- Reinstall the Cronycle Plugin
- Reconnect the plugin with the token provided in your Cronycle account
- Set up again your preferences in Settings (default categories, tags, and / or banner shortcode)